Make sure that alarms catch your attention.
If you regularly turn off sound, enable "do-not-disturb" or silent mode, you can still allow TeamAlert to bypass these settings when it really matters.
A normal installation of TeamAlert should not require you to perform these additional steps, but if you experience issues with sound, these steps may help you.
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone
- Tap Notifications
- Select TeamAlert from the list of installed apps
- Toggle Critical Alerts switch on
When the app starts, you are prompted to accept overriding silent mode. Tap "Enable".
Here you are presented with a list of apps which request this type of access. Scroll to TeamAlert and turn the switch on. If the switch is not activated, the app cannot override silent mode in order to guarantee that it will play a sound when you receive an alert.
Silent mode override should now be enabled, and you can press the back button (arrow left) to return to the app.
- Phone vendor and model (i.e. Samsung S8+)
- Android OS version. You find this by going to Settings -> About phone -> Software Information -> Android version
- Are you using a smartwatch that displays messages from other apps?
- I.e. Samsung Galaxy Gear S3 or similar
- Do other apps play sound when receiving messages?
- If not, have you enabled silent mode or just vibration?
- You can test this by letting someone send you a message or call you.